Chicago Tribune RedEye Editorial Intern - Chicago, Illinois (March 2018-August 2018)
- Covered the best of Chicago culture including what to eat, drink and do in the city for the weekly print magazine.
In These Times Rural America Intern - Chicago, Illinois (October 2017-January)
- Reported on issues important to rural America for the progressive magazine as well as the 2017 Women’s Convention.
- Researched, edited and fact-checked articles for print and web publication.
Herald and News Reporting Intern - Klamath Falls, Oregon (June 2017-September 2017)
- Photographer and writer at the Klamath Falls newspaper through the Charles Snowden Program for Excellence in Journalism.
- Reporting on local news, politics, crime and human interest stories, as well as on a proposed natural gas pipeline and water and land rights in Southern Oregon.
- Created informational augmented reality (AR) experiences for the solar eclipse.
Bitch Media Editorial Intern and Freelance Writer — Portland, Oregon (June 2014–Present)
- Writing music, television and movie reviews; roundups of feminist news; and podcast segments for the publication, blog and Popaganda podcast.
- Managed magazine pitches and communication with writers, artists and publicists as well as the Bitch editorial staff.
Empathetic Media Storytelling Intern — New York City, New York and Remote (July 2016–June 2017)
- Drafted AR stories on human trafficking, the 2014 Iguala kidnapping and equal pay for ARc Stories, the first AR sequential storytelling app.
- Developed the new media startup’s blog through articles on the company’s projects, including a series of AR pieces on police shootings, as well as weekly news roundups in virtual and augmented reality and 360-degree video.
Paper Magazine Editorial Intern — New York City, New York (June 2016–Sept. 2016)
- Wrote articles for the art publication’s website, including interviews with artists Meriem Bennani and Lion Babe.
Ethos Magazine Managing Editor and Features Writer — Eugene, Oregon (Aug. 2013–June 2017)
- Managed the staff throughout the publication process from hiring to developing stories to editing and printing the quarterly cultural magazine. Was in charge of determining editorial content and collaborating with photo and design staff.
- Wrote features on Eugene’s house show culture and France’s first feminist open mic and a series on nostalgia.
Writing Central Senior Writing Coach — Eugene, Oregon (Jan. 2016–June 2017)
- Coached students through the researching, writing and editing process at the School of Journalism and Communication’s writing center.
- Mentored and provided feedback to incoming coaches on how to approach a variety of journalism, public relations and advertising writing projects for introductory to advanced courses.
Today Newspaper Intern — Accra, Ghana (June 2015–Aug. 2015)
- Wrote and photographed stories on illegal mining, LGBTQ issues and an up-and-coming DJ for the University of Oregon’s Media in Ghana program. Learned British grammar for copyediting online and print articles.
Align Editor — Eugene, Oregon (Oct. 2014–June 2017)
- Grew the University of Oregon’s fashion publication from a blog to a quarterly print publication with a staff of 15 writers, photographers and designers. Edited articles, developed content and advised social media team.
Emerald Media Freelance Writer — Eugene, Oregon (May 2014–June 2017)
- Contributed regular concert reviews and articles on a local feminist sex toy shop, international student fashion and a Bernie Sanders rally.
- Weekly columnist for Quackd, the Emerald’s creative essay subsidiary. Wrote about relevant issues through a personal lens, including dating in the age of Tinder, overcoming being a workaholic and gender dynamics at concerts.
Stamps Family Charitable Foundation Writing Intern — Remote (Feb. 2014–Sept. 2016)
- Crafted informative, in-depth profiles from interviews conducted with recipients of the national collegiate Stamps Scholarship for the Foundation’s website.
The Pulp Zine Editorial Editor, Writer and Photographer — Remote (Aug. 2013–June 2015)
- Wrote personal narratives, pop culture criticisms and festival and concert reviews for the online feminist zine.
- Worked with the international staff of 50 to curate innovative content with a focus on supporting young creators.
School for International Training
Field Studies in Journalism and New Media — Rabat, Morocco (Sept. 2015–Dec. 2015)
- Spent a month researching and writing a profile on Moroccan visual artist Safaa Erruas while contributing to and editing Reporting Morocco, the program’s student-run online publication. Reported this and other stories in French.
University of Oregon Robert D. Clark Honors College
Journalism, International Studies and African Studies — Eugene, Oregon (Sept. 2013–June 2017)
- Honors thesis: “La Sape: Tracing the History and Future of the Congos’ Well-Dressed Men”
- Grade point average: 4.03
- One of five recipients of the prestigious Stamps Family Charitable Foundation scholarship at the University of Oregon.