Empathetic Media Storytelling Intern - New York City, New York and Remote (July 2016-Present)
- Drafts augmented reality (AR) stories on human trafficking, the 2014 Iguala kidnapping and equal pay for ARc Stories, the first AR sequential storytelling app.
- Develops the new media startup's blog through articles on the company's projects, including a seres of AR pieces on police shootings, as we as weekly roundups of news in virtual and augmented reality and 360 video.
Paper Magazine Editorial Intern - New York City, New York (June 2016-September 2016)
- Wrote articles for the art publication's website including interviews with artists Meriem Bennani and Lion Babe.
Ethos Magazine Features Writer and Managing Editor - Eugene, Oregon (August 2013-Present)
- Manages staff throughout the publication process from hiring to developing stories to editing and printing the quarterly cultural magazine. In charge of determining editorial content and collaborating with photo and design staff.
- Wrote album reviews, band interviews and a series of print and online articles on the phenomenon of nostalgia.
Writing Central Senior Writing Coach - Eugene, Oregon (January 2016-Present)
- Coaches students through the researching, writing and editing process at the School of Journalism and Communication's writing center.
Today Newspaper Intern - Accra, Ghana (June 2015-August 2015)
- Wrote and photographed stories on illegal mining, Ghanaian fashion trends and Sonny Lewis, a local up-and-coming DJ, through the University's Media in Ghana program.
Dressed Up Ducks Editor - Eugene, Oregon (November 2014-Present)
- Photographs and interviews students at the University of Oregon for daily posts on the university's fashion blog.
Bitch Media Editorial Intern and Freelance Writer - Portland, Oregon (June 2014-Present)
- Regularly contributes media criticism and pieces on college life. Also produced a music feature on the history of girl groups for the Winter 2014 issue of Bitch magazine and a Q&A with prolific singer-songwriter Jenny Lewis.
- Writes music, television and movie reviews; roundups of feminist news; and podcast segments for the publication, blog and Popaganda podcast.
- Manages magazine pitches and communications with writers, artists, and publicists throughout the editorial process.
Emerald Media Freelance Writer - Eugene, Oregon (May 2014-Present)
- Contributes articles on a local feminist sex toy shop, international student fashion and a Bernie Sanders rally.
- Weekly columnist for Quackd, the Emerald’s essay subsidiary. Wrote about relevant issues through a personal lens, including dating in the age of Tinder, overcoming being a workaholic, and gender dynamics at concerts.
Stamps Family Charitable Foundation Writing Intern - Remote (February 2014-Present)
- Crafts informative, in-depth pieces from interviews conducted with recipients of the national, collegiate Stamps Scholarship for the Foundation’s website.
The Pulp Zine Editorial Editor, Writer and Photographer - Remote (August 2013-June 2015)
- Writes personal narratives, pop culture criticisms, and festival and concert reviews for the online, feminist zine.
- Works with the international and diverse staff of 50 to curate innovative, cultural-related content that reflects the zine’s ethos of supporting young female creators.
School for International Training Field Studies in Journalism and New Media
Rabat, Morocco September (2015-December 2015)
- Classes: Contextual Studies in Journalism: Morocco and North Africa and Field Ethics of Journalism in Morocco
- Spent a month reporting and writing a profile on Moroccan visual artist Safaa Erruas while contributing to and editing Reporting Morocco, the program’s student-run online publication. Reported this and other stories in French.
University of Oregon Robert D. Clark Honors College (September 2013-Present)
Journalism, International Studies, and African Studies - Eugene, Oregon
- Grade Point Average: 4.02/4.0; Expected Graduation: June 2017
Gretchen Starr Endowment Fund in the School of Journalism (September 2015-Present)
- 2015 recipient of this memorial scholarship through the University of Oregon School of Journalism and Communication.
Stamps Family Charitable Foundation (May 2013-Present)
- One of five recipients of the Stamps Family Charitable Foundation scholarship at the University of Oregon.
- The national scholarship highlights academic achievements and covers tuition and living expenses.